or & # 39 is travel insurance really necessary?
Travel already quite expensive, is not it? Airfare, cruises, hotels, ground transportation, meals, and activities and entertainment products, is already quite high. I do not know about you, but I have to work hard for their money, and when I travel, I want as much of my money in your pocket as possible. Or & # 39 is a travel insurance necessity or luxury? Why not cut a few corners here and there. Why buy something if it is not really necessary?
My personal answer is, of course, that I am not rich and can not withstand potential financial losses, I would incur if I need medical care while I am traveling. Not being rich also means that I'm in the market adequate but cheap travel insurance. I suspect that you are in the same position, so you also need a cheap travel insurance. If you are still not convinced that it is necessary to consider the following.
Did you know that if you become ill or injured while traveling abroad, your health plan may not cover all the costs you will incur? If the cost of treatment is higher than the maximum of your health plan, you will be responsible for the difference, if you have already purchased travel insurance. In fact, you may not even be admitted to the hospital in some countries that do not have evidence that you have a health or medical insurance.
This is true for everyone, regardless of age or length of stay abroad. Suppose you fall ill just a few hours after arriving at your destination. Or let's say you are doing a day trip to another country and you were injured in a traffic accident. Or suppose one of your children & # 39 is part of the class making a visit abroad, gets food poisoning and requires hospitalization. In all cases, without adequate travel medical insurance, you will be liable for costs in excess of the limitations of existing medical plan.
Before traveling abroad, you should make sure that you are adequately covered by medical insurance of trip that will not break your budget. You should check to see if the appropriate coverage is already available through the health plan, employee benefits, or by credit card. If the coating of & # 39 is sufficient for your needs, you can enjoy the ride, the sun incurring additional costs for travel insurance. However, if you are unsure of your coverage, or if your coverage with a & # 39 is insufficient or does not exist, then your next step should be to research and purchase travel insurance coverage you need.
How much can you expect to pay?
When I bought my first plane ticket to China several years ago, it cost about $ 2,000 round-trip, and my insurance has cost me more than $ 500, because I do not want to shop around for cheap travel. insurance online
a few years later, a little older and wiser, and my insurance for another trip to China cost me much less – about $ 300 approximately the same coverage. The difference? Before you buy an insurance policy for a trip to the second trip, I shopped around online and get coverage I need at a reasonable price. If I bought my travel insurance for this last trip from my travel agent, it would cost me about $ 600 for the trip, and has a plane ticket cost only $ 1,500! Not really a sensible way.
So how much will it cost? Not as much money as it would cost you if you become ill or injured abroad and do not have any travel insurance coverage! This is an obvious answer to this question.
In fact, as the cost of travel insurance will depend on your age and the type of coverage you choose. Key policy cost only $ 5,50 USD per $ 1,000 of coverage. On the other hand, you can expect a full coverage policy cost from 7 to 10% of the cost of the trip, depending on your age. The older, the more you will pay. Regardless of the fact that the cost of the policy, however, it will not necessarily be significantly less than the cost of medical evacuation!
The good news is that you can easily, quickly and conveniently explore and find great but cheap online travel insurance and reduce the cost of making an informed purchase. This is much better than to take what you are offered in the travel agency, because you can choose from hundreds of travel companies and insurance policy and save a lot of money in the process. One place you can start your search is in Travel Insurance Central, [http://www.travel-insurance-central.com]
What you should consider when buying travel insurance
In order to help you in your research, here are some tips to help you make an informed purchase.
1. Consider the worst-case scenario. If you can financially withstand the worst-case scenario, it is possible that you do not have travel insurance, or perhaps you do not need a comprehensive policy.
2. Make sure that the policy you are considering provides adequate medical / dental coverage, including medical evacuation coverage just in case you need medical assistance at the place where the best treatment is available below the standards that you are used to in your country. This can happen if you get sick in a developing country, or even on a cruise ship.
3. Check the existing insurance policies for possible coverage. There's no sense in paying more for something that you already have in your homeowner or tenant policy, such as theft and loss coverage.
4. If you travel frequently, you should consider annual or year-round travel insurance policy. Sometimes referred to as multiple travel insurance policies. Whatever the name, this policy may be relatively cheap compared with the travel insurance single trip policy.
5. Know what you are buying, to read the fine print. Make sure that you understand what the company considers a legitimate reason for cancellation or interruption. If the list is too restrictive, perhaps you should consider a different policy.
6. Do not limit yourself to only buy from your travel agent. He / she will probably only the product (s) of one company are available, and there for your convenience, but that convenience can be very expensive!  7. Ask a lot of questions about coverage. play "what if" game. Ask for an explanation of terminology. Make sure you have travel insurance company and speak the same language.
8. Do not buy insurance through the transport provider. If an airline goes bankrupt, how adequate is your insurance payment will be
Once you & # 146 ;? The bought travel insurance  Remember that your travel insurance policy covers you between certain specific dates, so do not start your trip early or extend the trip without first changing the timing cover your travel insurance policy. Sure, it may cost you more, but it's cheaper than finding yourself without coverage when you need it most.
In addition, it almost goes without saying that you should take with you to the resort an insurance policy with you when you go abroad. You can not read the policy, when he sits on a table at home. You must also be free assistance phone number of your insurance company tourist and other contact information with you, wherever you may be. It does not do you any good if you get sick or touch and necessary information policy is sitting in the hotel room. It's also a good idea to bring your usual card and medical coverage information with you.
I hope that these tips will help you on the best travel insurance for you. Then take your trip with peace of mind that comes from knowing that you are insured with the right insurance at the right price. Bon voyage!
Source by John M. Bartanus